Last Modified Date: September 15, 2022
1) Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we collect the following types of Information:
- Non-Personal Information
"Non-Personal Information” means information that does not identify you, but provides insights regarding your use of the Site. For example, we collect information about your use of the Site, including but not limited to Internet connections, computer equipment, browser information, websites visited before entering and after leaving the Site, IP addresses, and other information about your use of the Site that does not identify you as a user.
- Personal Information
"Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Personal Information that we collect on the Site includes, but is not limited to, first and last names, phone number, residential address, email address, and payment information.
When you access or use the Services, you may provide Personal Information to us, such as when you request to receive information or support; complete online forms and surveys; communicate with us or our representatives, whether through standard mail, email, or telephone.
Additionally, we collect Personal Information when you shop in our stores, communicate with our customer service representatives, attend our events, use our mobile applications, participate in our marketing efforts (including contests sweepstakes and virtual events), participate in our customer loyalty programs, or any other way you interact with us. When we collect information about you directly, we may ask you to affirmatively furnish the information to us (such as when we ask you for your telephone number), or we may collect the information from your electronic device (such as when you download and use our mobile applications) or by observing your activity (such as when you visit our websites).
In some cases, we may engage service providers to help us operate our business, and they may collect data on our behalf in the course of the services they provide to us. In other cases, third parties may obtain information about you independently and we may obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than the Services, such as our advertisers, data partners, and service providers.
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information are collectively referenced as “Information.” Information we collect about you may be aggregated with other users’ Information. It may also be combined with associated Personal Information that you provide to us or that we receive from third parties. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through the Site, we will treat the combined Information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
- Geolocation Information
You may choose to allow us to access your location by granting the Site access to your location when prompted or through your device’s location services settings. You may change these settings on your device, but this will impact your use of and access to the Services.
- Third-Party Social Networking Service(s)
If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any third-party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with our Site, we may receive your Personal Information and other information about you and your computer, mobile, or other device that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts through those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Site. Some social networking services also will facilitate registration or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Site is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third-party social networking services may make available by reviewing privacy policies of those providers and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those networking sites/services.
2) How We Use Information
We and some of our service providers and other third parties collect identifiers matched to your mobile or other devices, which can be used to deliver customized ads or content via the internet, across different devices or browsers (sometimes called “cross-device tracking”).
We may identify you from your Personal Information and merge or co-mingle Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. Except as otherwise stated, we may use Information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including, but not limited to:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
- To establish and secure accounts to use the Services, check on your account status, and to validate your username, e-mail, password, and/or other login credentials.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To provide advertising and marketing, including to deliver target and interest-based advertisements through the Services and to improve our advertising and marketing services.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services, including without limitation, to conduct aggregate or research analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, improve, evaluate, operate, protect, make informed decisions about, and report on the performance of our Services.
- To communicate information and promotional materials to you, where you have not expressed a preference otherwise, and to send you information and updates about the Services.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions, including special discounts for professionals, military personnel, students and first responders.
- To share reviews, testimonials, or other user-generated content.
- To manage our gift card programs, loyalty programs, other stored value programs.
- To notify you of any changes to relevant agreements, policies, or other terms, and to enforce such terms.
- To work with our service providers, who perform certain business functions or services on our behalf.
- To prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To comply with legal obligations, court orders, or in order to exercise any legal claim or to defend against any legal claim.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
In addition, we may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. This is an opt-in e-mail program. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link or by contacting us email@example.com.
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, and purchase intent regarding products, events, and Services. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, company growth, community needs, etc. Your input will help us to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and Services.
3) How We Share Information
We may share Personal Information with the following parties:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
- We and some of our service providers and other third parties collect identifiers matched to your mobile or other devices, which can be used to deliver customized ads or content via the internet, across different devices or browsers (sometimes called “cross-device tracking”). In some cases, we may engage service providers to help us operate our business, and they may collect data on our behalf in the course of the services they provide to us. In other cases, third parties may obtain information about you independently, and we may acquire that data from a third party (for example, by purchasing the data from a data broker).
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your express consent.
4) Information Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Information that you provide to us, including: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypted connections (HTTPS) to the website(s) on our Services, secure multi-tiered firewalls, and portions of your data may also be encrypted on our storage server for additional security, secure cloud-based environments and uses server authentication and industry-standard firewalls in an effort to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We also require unique profile identifiers, usernames, and passwords that must be entered each time users access the Site, or use of secure password credentials to an authorized third party portal.
For transactions on our Site, we only work with credit card processors who maintain ongoing PCI compliance and adhere to stringent industry standards for storing, processing and transmitting credit card information online.
It is common knowledge that transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Information, or any other information, transmitted to or through our Site or Services or otherwise provided to us. We are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Service(s). Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of an account, loss of your account credentials, or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach to the extent required under applicable law.
5) Information Retention
6) Additional Information for California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to email@example.com. For more information regarding your privacy rights as a California resident, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
7) Additional Information for EEA Residents
EEA residents whose Personal Information we have collected (“Data Subjects”) may have additional rights respecting their Personal Information, including rights to specific disclosures and rights to control their Personal Information. Please see below for more information.
- Legal Bases for Processing Your Information
We process your Personal Information for the bases further described below.
- For Legitimate Interests. We may use your Personal Information for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you. For example, we use your Personal Information to administer the Services, help diagnose problems with our Services and provide support, to communicate information to you, to improve our Services and customize our Services to your preferences, to work with our service providers, to show you content and sponsored messaging, to prevent or investigate fraud or to comply with legal obligations, and for other purposes identified to you and as requested by you.
- Your Choices, Access, and Rights to Your Personal Information
Data Subjects may have the following rights and options with regard to accessing, reviewing, correcting, and updating their Personal Information:
a) Right to Access We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information.
- How to Access Your Personally Identifiable Information. You may choose to access or update Personal Information, by logging into the account you have created with our Service(s), if applicable.
- Access to Personal Information You may choose to access your Personal Information by contacting us and requesting access, a process which shall include our identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
b) Updating Communications Preferences (Opt-Out) and Unsubscribing. You may choose to receive promotional offers, newsletters, and similar communications from us regarding our products and services and the products and services of our affiliated organizations. You may opt out of receiving such communications from us by communicating your preferences to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the case of e-mails, by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the applicable e-mail.
c) Right to Rectify — Correction and Deletion. Citizens of some jurisdictions, including the EEA, have the right to correct or amend their Personal Information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by contacting us at email@example.com.
d) Right to Erasure / Be Forgotten. Data Subjects may have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if holding the Personal Information is no longer necessary or if part of your Right to Object (below). Please note that if you request erasure of your account, we, in complying with your request, shall also delete any and all research data that has been submitted to us through our Services. It is your responsibility at all times to ensure that you are in compliance with all applicable rules, policies, and regulations at the institutional, administrative, and federal levels regarding retention of research data, including, but not limited to, United States regulations governing retention and disposal of research records.
e) Right to Object. Data Subjects may have the right to object to the use of Personal Information for direct marketing uses, scientific uses, or historical research. If you do not wish to have your Personal Information shared with third parties, contact our Data Protection Officer as described at the end of this document. If you do not wish to receive future commercial messages from us, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions contained within the message you receive. (But note that you may continue to receive certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship messages, and/or messages about your account/profile).
f) Right to Restrict Processing. Citizens of some jurisdictions, including the EEA, have the right to request that we stop processing their Personal Information.
g) Right to Data Portability A Data Subject has the right to request that we provide your Personal Information for the purpose of sharing it with another service provider (through a secure process).
h) Filing a Complaint. A Data Subject who is not satisfied with how we manage your Personal Information has the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- Geographic Information Transfers
However, this does not change our commitments to safeguarding your privacy, and we will comply with all applicable laws relating to cross-border data disclosure of your Personal Information. Where required, we implement Standard Contractual Clauses with our third parties pursuant to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), and you may request a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before disclosing any Personal Information.
- Data Protection Officer
Please see below for information regarding our appointed Data Protection Officer.
If you have an inquiry regarding your Personal Information, pursuant to the rights listed in the preceding section (above), please send your message to the following:
8) Links to Third Party Sites
9) Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s).
11) How to Contact Us
Privacy Officer: David Green
By e-mail: email@example.com
By telephone: +1-866-335-1184
By regular mail: Workwear Outfitters
ATTN: Privacy Officer
ATTN: Workwear Outfitters Ecommerce Department
545 Marriott Drive, Nashville, Tennessee, USA 37214